The Chasselton Condo Board of Directors and Superior Community Management wants to create the safest possible environment for our residents, and we need your help! Over the last couple of years, we’ve had a significant rise in stolen bikes, packages, and other security issues. Like you, we want to feel safe in our home. With your help, we can achieve that goal by implementing a NO TAILGATING policy.
What is tailgating?
- Tailgating occurs when an unauthorized person slips in through a door before it closes.
- It is a breach of security. Locks are in place to protect our residents.
- While the person trying to follow you in may be a resident or have a legitimate reason to be here, it’s up to all of us to ensure we are not letting in unauthorized people into the building.
Holding the door open for others is a considerate, normal action, but that doesn’t make it okay. Don’t get us wrong; we want you to be courteous, but, first and foremost, we want you to maintain the physical security of our building.
- Don’t let people piggyback or tailgate through doors.
- Don’t hold the door for anyone you don’t recognize, and make sure no one slips in behind you.
- If you are not expecting guests or a delivery, don’t buzz unauthorized people in through the call box.
- If you find a door that is propped open, do close it.
- If you find a door that does not automatically close or has a broken lock, do contact Superior Community Management immediately.
- When possible, do try to meet food or package delivery persons at the front door to ensure they exit appropriately.
What should I do if I don’t recognize the person?
- Offer assistance. Ask “May I help you find someone?”
What should I do if I see a suspicious person or behavior?
- Call Superior Community Management at 503-684-1832, but always call 911 first if your safety is in jeopardy.
With your help, we can reduce the amount of theft and unsafe situations in the building. Thank you for your cooperation in making the Chasselton a safer place to live.