Notice to Chasselton Homeowners:
There will be an OPEN HOA BOARD MEETING on Tuesday, February 23 at 7:00 pm in the basement of the building. All Chasselton unit owners are invited to attend.
The main item on the agenda will be a proposal to add a locked gate to the building’s garbage area.
Due to lock and key issues, the glass recycling bins have been unlocked for several weeks. This experiment is not going well. We believe that passers-by are depositing general trash into the bins spoiling them for pick up. Our trash service will not pick up glass that is mixed with other trash. We are working toward a long term solution to secure the entire trash area but in the meantime, we ask that you, kind resident, be vigilant.
Garbage and Recycling
- please adhere to city ordinances on qualifying trash and recyclables (pizza boxes are not recyclable)
- glass only in the designated bins
- do not leave unwanted household goods or furniture, boxes, trash, glass, or recyclables outside of the bins (by doing so you are expecting your neighbor to clean up after you)
- refer to the proper way to dispose of used motor oil (clear screw top containers of one gallon or less, such as milk containers), paint, and other toxic substances
- please be considerate of those living adjacent to the trash and recycling collection area—the harsh noise created from slamming the lids on the containers and tossing glass into the bins is disruptive to your neighbors
- do not leave recyclables if the bin is full—they will be treated as trash and thrown into the garbage bin
- trash collection is on Monday and Thursday, mixed use recycling on Thursday and Sunday, and glass (both unlocked bins) on Thursday
There are many independent trash/unwanted household goods hauling services for oversized or hazardous items throughout the metro area. One recommendation is:
Mike and Dad’s Hauling
There is a small pile of personal items in the basement, in the space between the storage units for #26 and #27. The items include some pillows, an iron, a dented window screen, and a few scraps of wood. They have been there for quite some time, and we suspect that they were left behind by a previous renter, although the screen is a recent addition to the pile.
However, if these items are yours, please remove them immediately, as personal items may not be stored in the basement outside of designated storage units, or bicycles in the bicycle room.
These items will be thrown away if they are not removed within the next 14 days (January 20).
In general, please do not leave trash or unwanted items in the common areas of the basement.
Thank you for helping to keep our building clean and tidy!
Due to the heavy rains today (October 31) we are experiencing some flooding in the basement bike room at the Chasselton. So far the flooding is confined to the bike room, and not in the area of the storage lockers, and appears to be the result of the room’s boarded-up window well filling with water.
Superior Community Management has been made aware of the problem and they are working on getting someone out to deal with it as soon as possible.
- Please make certain the entrance doors are completely closed and locked behind you coming and going. The south entrance is especially problematic—push the panic bar behind you to ensure closure.
air conditioning units
- Make sure your window unit is installed properly and securely. Manufacturers recommend removing, maintaining, and storing units for the winter.
- The garbage disposals installed in the units are great for clearing your drain of small food scraps only. The plumbing in this building is not meant to carry quantities of food waste.
- When using the disposal make sure to run plenty of cold water.
unwanted home furnishings | recycle bins + trash
- Please do not leave trash, any unwanted furniture, or other belongs in the common areas of the building and basement. There is a Goodwill several blocks west on Sandy.
- Kindly deposit all trash and recyclables allowed by the city in the bins outside the building.
- All residents should possess and USE a key to unlock the glass recycling bin. Please do not leave glass outside of the bin.
stolen packages | bikes
- Packages delivered at the front entrance or interior common areas are at risk for theft.
- Bikes may be stored, at the residents discretion, in the basement and should be locked to the racks in the most theft proof manner possible.
- Please report theft to the Portland Police Department.
respect your neighbors
Condo dwelling is not for everyone but practicing a few simple courtesies contributes to a more amicable life for all residents at the Chasselton.
- Quiet hours are from 10 pm to 7 am. Please refrain from playing loud music and running noisy appliances during this period.
- Kindly be aware of how smoking in your unit and near the exterior of the building will affect your neighbors. Please dispose of cigarette waste properly, not in the planters or on the grounds around the building.
- If you have an issue with a neighbor speak with him/her. It is not up to the property management group or the Chasselton board to mediate conflicts between residents.
- More news and information! Visit the community bulletin board to join the forum and post events!
thank you and happy fall!
The BASEMENT will be thoroughly cleaned on Thursday of this week. Please make sure all personal items are removed from common areas and stored in assigned storage areas. The bike racks have been reinstalled and bikes must now be stored in the designated area.
The ENTRY DOORS have not been closing properly. We are working toward a permanent solution to this problem. In the meantime, we ask that you make sure the doors are closed and secured behind you when entering and leaving the building.
Windows are open this time of year so please be aware of your proximity to the building and directional air flow when SMOKING outside.
The Board of Directors and Superior Community Management must inform you that as of Tuesday June 23rd, Terra Firma unfortunately had to reschedule the crawlspace project due to lack of available parking. They will be excavating a significant amount of dirt from the crawlspace, and without having adjacent access to the building will delay the project beyond the scheduled one week duration.
They are tentatively rescheduled for July 8th dependent upon their ability to obtain no parking permits to allow for their vehicles. This will be notified to all owners once confirmed.
Our apologies for those of you that are now storing your bicycles in your units. We will place the bike racks to their original location, but will require that you remove them again once this project commences for access purposes as indicated previously.
We appreciate your cooperation, and thank you for your patience as this project is rescheduled.
Chasselton Condominiums Board of Directors
Superior Community Management
ATTN: Chasselton Condominium Residents
The Board of Directors and Superior Community Management would like to inform you that beginning Monday June 22nd and lasting through Friday June 26th, specialty contractor Terra Firma will be on site to begin retrofitting the supporting beams in the northwestern crawlspace of the building that have suffered some collapse.
This project and their equipment/vehicles will potentially affect daytime noise and parking within and around the building. Please be courteous to their employees and patient with the construction activities onsite during the week.
Additionally, they will be accessing the crawlspace from the bike rack room in the basement. All residents must remove their bicycles temporarily from the furthest two racks at the back of this bike storage room to allow for equipment, workers, and materials to be utilized for this project. We will also be having the racks temporarily removed so they can utilize this space. Any bicycles that remain locked to the bike racks being removed will be moved with them to their temporary location. Any damage suffered to your bicycle will not be the responsibility of the Association as we have hereby provided notice that they MUST be removed.
Once the project is complete, again, expected Friday June 26th, we will have the bike racks reinstalled for you to again lock your bikes for storage purposes.
We appreciate your cooperation, and thank you for your patience as this project gets underway.
Board of Directors
Superior Community Management
There was a package delivered by the USPS and left above the mailboxes on Monday, 4/27, at 11:45 am. The package is missing and presumed to be either taken by mistake or stolen.
STEPS TO FOLLOW IF YOUR PACKAGE IS MISSING
1. Report the missing or stolen package, with a brief description of the contents and value, to the Portland Police
2. Contact the sender of the package to re-port the theft
3. You may need to file a claim with the carrier
4. Consider having packages delivered to you at work or to a PO box. Unless signed for in person, package deliveries inside or outside the building are at risk
ATTENTION CHASSELTON RESIDENTS:
A plumber will be on site on Monday, March 9 to perform some repairs. The building’s water will be turned off for approximately 30 minutes, some time bewtween 9:00 am and noon.
Contact Troy at Superior Community Management (503-684-1832 or email@example.com) if you have any questions.