Window sill repair and painting on the north and east sides of the building will begin this spring.
The guidelines for glass disposal have been modified. Glass may no longer be placed in the refuse bins in bags of any material [i.e., paper, plastic]. It’s noisy so please consider your neighbors when depositing loose glass recyclables!
As we happily head into warmer weather it’s a good time to tune up those window air conditioners and make sure they’re in-stalled properly. Guidelines may be found on our website in the R&R’s.
Have a great summer!
Superior Community Management has put together a handy sheet of instructions for shutting off the building’s water, gas, and electricity. Please contact Superior immediately if there is an emergency and you need to shut off any of these utilities.
Please note that gas & electricity should only be shut off in a dire emergency, and only if the utility company cannot be contacted to do it.
If you are having plumbing work done and need to shut off the water, please schedule a minimum of 48 hours ahead by contacting Superior Community Management, who will notify the building residents.
To download a PDF of the Emergency Procedures instructions, log in at http://chasselton.com and navigate to the Documents page. This page is available to homeowners only, so if you rent your unit, please ensure that you provide your renters with a copy of this document.
Notice to Chasselton Homeowners:
There will be an open board meeting on Wednesday, February 1 at 7:30 pm in the Chasselton basement. We will discuss basement security and inside delivery options for package carriers.
Happy New Year Chasselton Residents!
Just a friendly reminder:
Our trash removal company does NOT remove Christmas trees, so please do not leave your trees in the garbage area.
See www.oregonmetro.gov for some suggestions on how to dispose of your Christmas trees.
Dear Chasselton residents:
On May 26 a package was delivered to the mail reception area for Derek Garton in Unit 22. He has reported the package missing or stolen. It is our hope that it was taken from the lobby in error and will be returned.
PLEASE TAKE CARE TO CHECK ADDRESSEE ON PACKAGE LABELS
Steps to follow if your package is missing or stolen:
- Report the missing or stolen package, with a brief description of the contents and value, to the Portland Police
- Contact the sender of the package to report the theft
- You may need to file a claim with the carrier
- Consider having a signature required for packages received here OR delivered to you at work, a PO Box or a FedEx/UPS package receiving facility
PACKAGES LEFT AT THE OUTSIDE ENTRANCE AND IN THE LOBBY MAIL RECEPTION AREA ARE AT RISK FOR THEFT
Our handsome gate securing the trash area has been completed and keyed to the locks at the main entrances of the building. Please take care to close the gate behind you when leaving. It is our hope that by securing the area it will remain tidy and there will be less noise for the residents living above.
Bushes and trees next to the building and on the parking strips will be trimmed by grounds maintenance crew and arbor care specialists in June.
Parking strips will be upgraded to include more step-off hard surface. Some of the plants currently in this area will be transplanted to barren areas adjacent to the building.
- Please make certain the entrance doors are completely closed and locked behind you coming and going. The south entrance is occasionally problematic—to open the door turn key to the right and/or push the panic bar to ensure it closes.
air conditioning units
- Make sure your window unit is installed properly and securely. Manufacturers recommend removing, maintaining, and storing units for the winter.
- The garbage disposals installed in the units are great for clearing your drain of small food scraps. The plumbing in this building is not meant to carry large quantities of food waste.
- When using the disposal run plenty of cold water.
unwanted home furnishings | recycle bins + trash
- Please do not leave trash, unwanted furniture, or other belongs in common areas of the building and basement. There is a Goodwill several blocks west on Sandy.Kindly deposit all trash and recyclables allowed by the city in the bins in the gated and locked enclosure outside the building. The collection service will not pick up glass if other trash is in the bin.
- Simply use your building entrance key to unlock the gate. Please be sure to close the gate behind you.
stolen packages | bikes
- Packages delivered outside the front entrance or interior mail reception area are at risk for theft.
- Bikes may be stored, at the residents discretion, in the basement and should be locked to the racks in the most theft proof manner possible.
- Please report theft to the Portland Police Department.
respect your neighbors
Condo dwelling is not for everyone but practicing a few simple courtesies contributes to a more amicable life for all residents at the Chasselton.
- Quiet hours are from 10 pm to 7 am. Please refrain from playing loud music and running noisy appliances during this period.
- Kindly be aware of how smoking in your unit and near the exterior of the building will affect your neighbors. Please dispose of cigarette waste properly, not in the planters or on the grounds around the building.
- If you have an issue with a neighbor speak with him/her. It is not up to the property management group or the Chasselton board to mediate conflicts between residents.
- More news and information! Visit the community bulletin board to join the forum and post events!
THANK YOU KIND NEIGHBORS!
Installation of the garbage area gate has been delayed until Monday. The lock will most likely be fitted later in the week.
On Friday May 13, West Meyer Fence will be on site to install a locking gate on our garbage area. The lock will be fitted to your front door key, so you won’t need an additional key to open the gate. It is our hope that this gate will make our trash area more secure and tidy. Please make sure the gate is locked at all times.
On Monday May 16, Atiyeh Brothers will be here to clean the hallway carpets, so you may hear some noise from their equipment throughout the day, and if you have a welcome mat outside your door you may want to bring it inside your unit for the day.
Contact Troy at Superior Community Management (503-684-1832 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Chasselton Board & Superior Community Management
Notice to Chasselton Homeowners:
There will be an OPEN HOA BOARD MEETING on Tuesday, February 23 at 7:00 pm in the basement of the building. All Chasselton unit owners are invited to attend.
The main item on the agenda will be a proposal to add a locked gate to the building’s garbage area.